ADKC works to enhance opportunities for disabled people (with physical, sensory and hidden impairments), living or working in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea. ADKC does this by:
- Providing services
- Providing an accessible Resource Centre
- Setting up or supporting new services in response to needs
- Empowering disabled people to act on their own behalf
- Raising awareness of disability issues
- Championing the rights of disabled people
ADKC is committed to working within the Social Model of disability – breaking down the many barriers that can disable – such as those shown on our postcard image above. This philosophy is reflected in all areas of its work.
As an organisation of disabled people, ADKC ensures that disabled people take part in the planning and management of its work. The organisation is also committed to Equal Opportunities and will consider the needs of all minority groups when planning and delivering its services.