Date(s) - 05/09/2018
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
The ADKC centre
Our peer support meeting is for ADKC members who have experience of living an independent life… or who need a bit of extra support to do so! Personal Budget users welcome too!
Come along and:
- Tell us what independent living means to you…
- Discuss the types of barriers there are to having an independent life…
- Share your hints and tips for overcoming these barriers…
- Come up with ideas about how to improve the standard of living for local disabled people…
- Suggest guest speakers to come and visit the group … and hear from them, question them and work with them!
- Also help us to design information resources about independent living that could benefit members who aren’t able to join us!!
NOTE – many meetings will be at the ADKC Centre, though quite a few members have mentioned that the ADKC Centre is not the easiest place for everyone to get to.
We would also like to offer some of our surgeries in the Centre and the South of the borough… If you know of an accessible location (e.g. it has good physical access to the building, it has accessible toilets, it is easy to find, there are good transport links and the people in the building are helpful!!), please let us know. Contact Jenny on 020 8960 8888 / email@example.com
Independent Lives Kensington and Chelsea is funded by City Bridge Trust.