Funding for training for PA employers and their PAs

If you employ a Personal Assistant (paid private carer), you might be able to get funding for training.

Skills for Care has funding for “Individual Employers” – people who use a social services direct payment / personal budget, or who pay from their own money to employ someone to help them live an independent life in their own home.

This funding can be used to get training for the Personal Assistant – to help them support you better, or for you as a PA employer – to help you be a better employer.

Training could include social care qualifications, or specific modules – such as Dementia Awareness. It could be for general courses around personal assistance – such as moving and handling, safe food preparation, first aid – if this would be part of their role with you. It could also be for training for non-traditional support, where it would be of use to you – for example, if you have a lot of discomfort and feel that you PA having massage skills would be of use.

As an employer you might like extra training on employers responsibilities, supervision and/ or training techniques…

You can find out more information, and a video, on the Skills for Care Individual Employer Funding web-page. They also have lots of other resources for people employing Personal Assistants.

If you want training for yourself as an employer, or you PA, and you need help to apply for this, contact Jenny on 020 8960 8888 or email for help to complete the form.



Posted in Latest News, Personal Budgets Tagged with: , , , , , , , , , , , ,