Action Disability Kensington and Chelsea will be holding a short course to support disabled people who have been affected – directly or indirectly – with the tragedy at Grenfell Tower on 14th June 2017.
Our course, starting on Wednesday 6th September and running weekly, between 1.30-3.30 will be set out as below:
- Week 1. – What is Trauma and the stages of trauma and the roll of co-counselling
- Week 2.- The stages of trauma in more detail, the various roles of people involved and the stages of mourning
- Week 3.- People’s own experiences of trauma, co-counselling
- Week 4.- Reconnecting to the world after trauma, setting up support group
- Week 5.- Evaluation, what has been learned and the way forwards
The course will be supported by a trained counsellor.
We hope that, following on from the course- local disabled people will have the skills and confidence needed to support others affected during drop-in sessions.
If you would like to know more about the course, please get in contact on 020 8960 8888.
If you are interested in this, you might also be interested in sharing your experiences and highlight your concerns at our other Grenfell related service.