We have once again listened to what members have been telling us, and we are delighted to introduce ADKC’s new (well…improved) project…
Independent Lives Kensington and Chelsea!
This is our Personal Budget project…. but extended to people who don’t have, want or need a Personal Budget (as well as those who do)!!
Find out more on our project webpage and/or come along to our NEW Independent Living Surgeries on the first Weds of every month from 11-1 (starting on Weds 7th February 2018) see our events page!
For more information:
Contact Jenny, the Independent Lives K and C project coordinator / Independent Living Adviser for more information about the project and/or for advice about independent living.
If you are interested in identifying what skills you already have, and making use of these… or if you want to develop new skills… ask to speak with Glenda, the project’s Personal Development Coordinator!
This is a three year project funded by City Bridge Trust
Posted in Independent Lives KC
, Latest News
, Personal Budgets
, Project news
Tagged with: City Bridge Trust
, Independent Living
, partnership working
, personal development
We have had confirmation that Councillor Marie-Thérèse Rossi, Mayor of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, will be guest speaker at the AGM.
This will be on Monday 4th December – 5-7 at the Latymer Community Church – 116 Bramley Road.
Click here for a PDF copy of the ADKC AGM Invite 2017
Don’t forget to also confirm for our Quiz Night on the 12th December at ADKC! Quiz Night Invite 2017
Don’t forget to let us know if you are coming by confirming with Martha on 020 8960 8888 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are delighted to welcome our members to two ADKC events:
Firstly… Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) – complete with festive tea party – which is on Monday 4th December 2017 from 5 to 7 at the Latymer Community Church. Please see our ADKC AGM Invite 2017.
Then, join us for out Quiz Night on Thursday 12th December. This is from 6-7.30 at ADKC. Please see our Quiz Night Invite 2017
Refreshments will be available at both events.
To confirm your attendance RSVP to Martha Girgis on any of the following,
Phone: 020 8960 8888
Text: 07553 370 074
From our colleagues:
FREE one hour session in Parliament on “How Laws are Made”
We have only just received this via the Parliament Outreach team. They understand it is very short notice but have only just found out it is taking place themselves – so we are passing it on to London DDPOs in case anyone is interested and able to go along. Please note Inclusion London is not involved in organising this so follow the booking the details below in order to book your place.
Parliament Week 2017: How laws are made
Come to a free session in the House of Commons on how the UK Parliament makes law.
Do you or your organisation need to know how laws are made? Have you ever wondered how you can get involved?
Join the experts from the House of Commons and the House of Lords to find out how we make new laws or change existing laws.
We’re ready to make the complex simple and answer your questions.
The sessions are open to anyone who wants to learn more about law-making the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
There are limited places at this event and places are available on a first come first served basis. If a waiting list is formed then this will be distributed on a first come, first served basis, places are non-transferable.
All the best
Community Outreach and Engagement Manager
Houses of Parliament
020 7219 4214
Text relay 18001 7219 7379
If you have a Direct Payment and employ a Personal Assistant or paid carer… your PAs can now get a FREE influenza vaccination for the first time!
The “London Influenza Programme”, provides FREE ‘flu vaccinations for a range of people including:
“All those who help care for someone whose welfare may be at risk…due to old age, frailty, disability, physical or mental ill health or substance misuse who might not get by without their help if they fell ill “
We have had confirmation that this includes PERSONAL ASSISTANTS and PAID CARERS who are employed directly by Disabled People (for example people who have a Personal Budget / Direct Payment.
If you want your Personal Assistant to benefit from the FREE FLU JAB, they can book an appointment on https://www.londonflu.co.uk/ and say they are a “carer under the London Influenza programme”.
They also cover:
Anyone over 65 years of age
Persons over 2 years of age in the following categories:
- Pregnancy at any stage
- House hold contact of an immunocompromised individual
- Any of the following Chronic Diseases:
Heart, Respiratory, kidney, liver or neurological
- Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment
- Patients living in long-stay residential/nursing home or other long-stay facility
- Carers including main carer, those in receipt of a carers allowance and those that help to care for someone who is vulnerable and who would not manage without their help
- Front Line healthcare worker (Those employed by NHS organisations eg Acute, Community & Mental Health and London Ambulance Trusts or directly contracted by the NHS eg GP, Dental, Optometry & Pharmacy practices)
- Any London Care/Nursing Home or London Hospice member of staff or domiciliary care provider employed by a LA in London – having some contact with vulnerable person. General LA/Council staff are NOT ELIGIBLE for this London Pharmacy service. Name of LA worked in is required.
- Staff employed by NHS E, NHS I, PHE, London CCG, Special Needs Schools, London Fire Brigade and NHSE designated Flu champions
- People between their 17th and 18th birthday before 31st March 18, who are in receipt of a carer’s allowance, and/or those who are the main carer of someone whose welfare may be at risk…due to old age, frailty, disability, physical or mental ill health or substance misuse, who might not get by without their help if they fell ill.
- Any homeless person and anyone likely to be sleeping rough in London
- Royal College of Nursing (RCN) Nursing Dept & RCN London Region staff
- Members of any Health & Wellbeing Board (HWBB) in London
Posted in Campaigns
, Independent Living and Care Fair
, Personal Budgets
Tagged with: Carers
, direct payment
, direct payments
, Personal (Care /Health) Budgets
, Personal Assistants
, private carers
ADKC will be holding an OPEN DAY on 14th November 2017! Open day flyer
- Meet our team
- Find out about our services
- Share your experiences of the projects
- Make suggestions on what we can offer
- Massage Taster Sessions
- Buffet Lunch
Entry is FREE and the event will run from 11-2 in our offices. Everyone is welcome!
R.S.V.P to Martha on 020 8960 8888 or email email@example.com
NHS England have commissioned research to get people’s views on how you use local pharmacies.
The company doing the research, Healthy Dialogues, have produced a survey, the Community Questionnaire-V4-Final .
If you don’t want to print it yourself, you could pop into ADKC to pick up a paper version, which can be left at ADKC for collection by a representative from Healthy Dialogues.
Alternatively, you can Click on the link to complete the survey online.
Contact Marian at ADKC on 020 8960 8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.’
The countdown has started… Are you coming along to our
INDEPENDENT LIVING AND CARE FAIR
Weds 4th October from 11-2
in Kensington Town Hall!
There is only a week to go…
…so let us know if you’d like to come so we can put you on our list – you can:
MOST IMPORTANTLY… please tell everyone that you think would be interested!
If you are on social media… you can follow us on:
TWITTER – we are @IndependLivesKC and our event is #IndependentLivingandCareFair
FACEBOOK - like us / promote our event on Facebook
Posted in Independent Living and Care Fair
, Latest News
Tagged with: agency
, care and support
, direct payments
, Independent Living
, personal budget