The ADKC information and advice projects provides “disability-related” information and advice.
We can help with one-off queries that are “disability related” – such as those in our FAQ section, e.g.
- where you can get a piece of equipment,
- where to get support with benefits (Welfare rights),
- transport services for disabled people
- leisure opportunities
- your rights
- care and support and many other things…
as well as more involved support, such as:
- helping you to fill in certain disability specific benefits forms-Employment and Support Allowance (ESA), Disability Living Allowance (DLA) and Personal Independence Payment (PIP) – and getting your paperwork together.
- supporting you to complete Dial-a-ride, taxicard, Blue Badge forms)
- making a referral to another organisation for other support / advocacy etc.
Our information and advice officer is Marian O’Donoghue. She is available, between 9.30-5 on Mon-Fri on 020 8926 8888 or by email to email@example.com.
Our outreach service at the World’s End Neighbourhood Advice Centre is on the last Monday of every month for short drop-in enquiries as well as pre-booked appointments – check the events page for dates, times and venue details. This is run by Marian and Simone, who each attend on alternate months.
“Sometimes people just need a steer in the right direction. At ADKC we work in a user-led way- we often find that just providing an initial bit of information, or contact number, is all the person needs to enable them to carry on with their enquiry themselves.” Marian O’Donoghue – information and advice officer.