Much of ADKC’s strength lies with the fact that our members have such a wide range of skills, talents, knowledge and experience – all of which can be shared to support other members! Our User Groups are evidence of how members are coming together to support one another!
Our current user groups are:
- The Access Group - whose members all have specific skills and interests around accessibility.
- The Positive Rights Action Group (PRAG) - our campaigning group.
- The Positive Empowerment Group (PEG) - a group that came about thanks to a couple of members who saw the need for, and have benefitted from, a peer support / emotional support group.
- The Personal Budget User Group and Surgery - a group specifically for ADKC members who receive a Personal (Health) Budget or pay privately for care - where we discuss and debate care-related themes and difficulties that people are experiencing with their own support needs.
- The Chess and Scrabble Club - a social group whose name is self-explanatory.
- The Happy Group – for two hours of fun and friendship (to help keep your mind off your worries!)
For more about each of the groups mentioned above – click on the link, or look on the drop-down menus at the top of the page.
For dates, check our events page.