The main role for the Access Group is:
- To be aware of upcoming plans, regeneration and development within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea with a specific eye on ensuring that local disabled people will be catered for in the new plans,
- Representing local disabled people by feeding into consultations about upcoming developments -
- ensuring that, while building works are undertaken, disabled people are not disadvantaged.
- Looking at accessibility as a whole – not just physical access into a building - for example looking a public transport routes and connections to new developments
- To support the Access Project
This year the group has taken on a range of activities, including:
- Advising officers in RBKC’s Planning Department on the accessibility (or otherwise!) of new builds and developments in the borough.
- Advising RBKC on access to local polling stations (ahead of the general election).
- Advising local health providers on access to their buildings.
To find out more about the Access group / access reports - contact Jamie Renton on 020 8960 8888.